Saturday 15 January 2011

Music Video

Luke-
I am very excited that we have the opportunity to start a project like this; there are various aspects of music videos that appeal to me and makes me enthusiastic to begin the product. I feel that this is a great opportunity for me to be very creative and as I am working with a group of people that have a different taste to music than I do, so we can each put our ideas together and hopefully come up with something brilliant, also I can develop my knowledge of different music and learn a lot about different music genres. In this project I hope to develop a further understanding of media we use today in the modern era, also I hope to develop all my media skills such a storyboard planning, camera work and I will be looking forward to be learning how to edit. I am confident that me and my team mates will create a fantastic and professional music video.

Some examples of music videos I like are "The Scientist" by Coldplay. The reason for this is that the product is quite easy to set up, i.e. costumes and mise-en-scene. But it is just really creative by the fact it is backwards, the song works with the pace of the music video, and I just think it is great video. I also like "JCB Song" by Nizlopi, this is a completely different music video to "The scientist", this song is based on animation and I like the music video as it is very creative and rather humorous with all the different connotations imbedded within it.


Grant-
I am looking forward to the A2 coursework that we have been assigned as I do feel it's a step forward from AS and actually were enhancing the skills we picked up from AS. Something I am looking forward to doing is maybe increasing my knowledge and skill in the editing suite, during AS we had a stronger editor in the group, and I took over the role of planning and producing. Although having been assigned new groups, I think that our group will be successful, by having the range of different skills that are brought to the group and also our music tastes although varied to come together in some parts so I think we have a good starting point to make a creative music video.

My music tastes although very diverse, in me liking many different artists, from different genres, I suppose the main interest I have is in Pop. The Saturdays music Video "UP" and "Just Can't Get Enough" are good music videos in my opinion, they incorporate many of the needed conventions, Choreography, narrative and special effects, I think those components go well with the light pop songs, I also like Florence and the Machines "Dog Days" and many of Lady GaGa's music videos, I think I like these because they blow out any imaginative idea's that people have tried to show, I think that Lady GAGA has a creative mind when producing music videos and could rightfully so be compared to the people who have created amazing music videos in the past, E.g. Michael Jackson and Madonna.


Stuart-
I believe that my AS production went quite well because we were organised and planned most of the objectives before we attempted to do them. I think being assigned to new groups would benefit us as individuals because we would get to know each other better and we will have different ideas because of the variety of music genres. The skills that I would like to improve on are possibly editing as in my AS opening sequence it was the first time I learnt to edit.

My music tastes have developed dramatically over the last five or six years starting from cheesy pop music like S Club 7 and Busted and now to much more urban music like R&B and pop.

Some of my favourite music videos in my genre of music include Telephone – Lady Gaga ft Beyonce which has a good narrative and performance, the reason why I enjoyed the video so much is because the dance routine is really good. Also the music video Thriller by Michael Jackson is really iconic because of the theme of the video. I believe these music videos are effective and are simple to re-create if you are organised and have a plan to follow.

Luke M-
I am looking forward to the opportunity of making a music video, having progressed from my AS Media course. My AS production was in my opinion a success, however I am aware that one of my problems was time management, which I aim to improve on. I am looking forward to filming and editing shots, and also trying to make a relevant video for our chosen song.

I listen to a variety of music genres, including Rap, Grime, Drum 'n' bass and Dubstep. I like these types of music as I can both relax to them but also be lively as well, all depending on what I'm doing.

A music video I think is good is Tinie Temper - Pass Out. This is because I remember the inclusion of his flashing glasses, which was different and interesting. Therefore I believe that using effective and unusual props in a music video is a effective way of making it appealing to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment